Senior Quality Engineer, Adobe (Mobile and Devices)
Adobe is ideally positioned to play a leading role in the burgeoning mobile data economy using Flash technology. Flash Lite is a powerful medium for delivering rich content and applications on cell phones and mobile devices. We are now adding the new position of Senior QE to our Flash Lite MMI team. In this role you will help drive the delivery of successful, cutting-edge products by working on a team with other highly talented engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to help design and build frameworks for Flash applications on mobile devices.
Helping build a new QE team and establish test processes, researching and proposing new tools for testing Flash applications, APIs, and Flash players on multiple devices, working closely with programmers on the design and specification of features, driving the architectural design and implementation of an Actionscript unit testing harness, writing thorough test plans and executing plans in a timely and efficient manner for all areas of the product, finding bugs that others miss, and writing easy to understand test case steps and expected result descriptions, creating test media with Flash MX 2004 Professional, developing scripts to emulate scenarios that likely will be encountered by the actual customer, and continually researching new mobile technologies and incorporate that new knowledge into your ongoing QE process.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The person should have a minimum of 6 years Software Quality experience, and genuine enjoyment of quality engineering work, experience building unit test harnesses in Java or Actionscript, performance tuning and optimization experience for commercial applications, experience writing API tests in C/C++ , Java code or other languages, knowledge of XML and HTML, passion for mobile devices and other gadgets, a desire to be on a highly productive, fastpaced team, and excellent English written and verbal communication skills, very organized and detail-oriented.
Note: This is not a Server testing position - you must have hands-on client testing experience.
Ideal skills include:
a BS in Computer Science or equivalent, silk and/or TestComplete automated testing experience, familiarity with cHTML, WAP, WML, and XHTML (understand the differences), experience Flash and ActionScript, experience with Java Script, J2ME, SQL, Cold Fusion, experience in creating and testing mobile applications and experience testing on Symbian, Smartphone, and BREW Mobile Operating Systems
Adobe believes personal fulfillment and company success go hand in hand, sustaining one another. In fact, our dynamic, rewarding working environment is well known – including seven consecutive years on FORTUNE magazine’s "100 Best Companies to Work For" and other, similar accolades. By hiring the very best and brightest, Adobe continues to be a simply better place to work – creating a dynamic environment today and providing incentives for future achievement.
Senior Quality Engineer 4, Adobe (Mobile and Devices)
The Mobile and Devices team is now expanding our product offerings and adding the position of Sr Quality Engineer to our Mobile and Devices team. In this role you will help drive the delivery of successful, cutting-edge products by working on a team with other highly talented engineers. Responsibilities include testing of several Java and Flash-based products. You will be expected to lead testing efforts as well as follow the directions of others. You must be able to think critically and creatively in your pursuit of high quality software.
• Work closely with developers on the design and specification of features.
• Research and propose new reference platforms and value adds for our mobile service products.
• Unix System administration, OS and software installations.
• Participate in white box API-level testing.
• Champion development of an automated server-side performance testing harness.
• Develop scripts to emulate scenarios that likely will be encountered by the actual customer, server administrators, and support staff.
• Critically think about how our customers will interact with FlashCast and turn those thoughts into test cases, action items, and avenues of discussion.
• Find bugs, including those that others miss.
• Performance tuning and optimization experience for a multi-tier J2EE based deployment.
• High Availability and failover testing across multi-node cluster server configurations
• Costing and proposing improvements at system, database, and application layer such as JVM tuning, SQL query optimization, operating system tuning.
• Experience designing server performance test suites.
• Knowledge of networking and protocols, especially TCP/IP and HTTP.
• Solid knowledge of at least one UNIX.
• Passion for carrier-class, highly secure, available, and performant server software.
• Experience writing Java code for API testing.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• BS/MS, or equivalent, in Computer Science.
• Experience configuring and deploying Oracle 9i or 10g.
• Experience configuring and deploying BEA WebLogic 8.1.
• Experience in creating and testing mobile applications.
• Experience with Silk Performer or a similar performance and/or functional test harnesses
• Fluency in another language, such as Japanese, Korean, Chinese, or German.
Global Talent Recruiter
Adobe Systems Incorporated
601 Townsend Street
San Francisco, CA 94103 USA