Company is located in Palo Alto, CA.
This Application suite is a sophisticated, extensible J2EE/web-based enterprise application that supports the entire Pricing Management life cycle. We are looking for a very strong, senior & enthusiastic Engineer to add to a stellar services team. As a member of the quality assurance team, you will be responsible for designing, writing and implementing functional test plans for our suite of Price Management applications. As part of this job, you will exposed to and work with sophisticated customers adopting leading edge technology.
This is a contract position, about 6 months but could go longer or turn into perm.
* Ideal candidate will have a BS degree in computer science or other technical area
* Strong experience with QA processes and methodologies (black box and gray box testing, creation and execution of test plans, test design documents, and test cases)
* Clearly document defects and monitor defects to resolution
* Provide reports to team members on status of defect issues
* Strong Knowledge of software development lifecycle
* Basic knowledge of industry standard databases (MS SQL / Oracle / MySQL)
* Knowledge of the SQL query language
* Experience with application web servers and testing web applications in a QA environment
* Experience in testing business applications is also a big plus
* Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced quick turn-around environment
* Ability to work remotely from the technical development team
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent time management skills and detail oriented
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in person, by telephone, and with large teams. This role will have frequent contact directly with end customers.
* Should be "self-motivated" and capable of managing priorities and tasks as delegated
2629 Manhattan Avenue, #306
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254-2447